It’s easy to spend a fortune buying every product you see on the market. But, with a few tips and some smart shopping, you can save a lot of money!
Multitaskers: Look for products with multiple functions, like tinted moisturisers that contain sun protection; two-in-one cheek and lip balms; and eye shadows that, when wet, can be used as liner.
From the kitchen: Some great beauty treatments are hiding in your kitchen. Did you know you can use:
- pure honey for a hydrating mask?
- olive oil for conditioning your hair?
- coconut oil and sugar as a body scrub?
- baking soda as a face scrub?
- mile to tone down your skin’s redness?
- lemons – which provide a natural source of alpha hydroxyl acid – to smooth your skin after a scrub or mask?
Rennie’s favourite: Vaseline works as a lip gloss, or to tame flyaway hair. You can even tame your eyebrows – just put a tiny bit on a cotton bud and smooth your brows for a look that’s polished and lasts all day.