Make the most out of your shampoo and know how to do it the right way to protect your hair from unnecessary damage
- You should only be using a small coin-sized quantity of shampoo each time
- Work up a lather on your scalp – this is where all the natural oils in your hair come from so massaging it will help stimulate all those good oils
- Don’t forget about the back, especially near the nape of your neck
- Rinsing is a very important step, make sure you take more than a few seconds to rinse your hair until you can’t feel or see any lather anymore
- Run your fingers through your hair continually while you’re rinsing.
- Repeat? If you wash your hair daily or every other day you don’t need to repeat more than once. If you wait longer between washes then the second time round, use an even smaller quantity of shampoo.
TOP TIP – Doing it twice when you shampoo your hair daily will actually do more damage than good as it can strip your hair of its natural oils.